Website Terms & Conditions
The Rooftop Cinema Website Terms & Conditions (these Terms) are provided to ensure you understand your rights and obligations when you access and navigate the Rooftop Cinema Website (this Website).
- PERMITTED USE
The Rooftop Cinema Website is provided to you so you can visit our page, view our content and purchase tickets to our events. You agree not to attempt to change, add to, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with the website or any material or content displayed on the Rooftop Cinema Website.
Rooftop Cinema reserves its rights to investigate and take appropriate legal action for any Illegal and/or unauthorised use of the Rooftop Cinema Website.
- WEBSITE CONTENT AND ACCESS
Rooftop Cinema makes all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and correct, although we do not warrant that it is accurate, adequate or complete. By using our website, you acknowledge and accept that the website content may include technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. You acknowledge and accept that the website will, from time to time, change without notice to you and that the content of the website may not necessarily be accurate or up to date at the time you view it.
You are responsible to inquire of us directly to ensure that any material or information on the website you seek to rely on is accurate and current. Rooftop Cinema disclaims all liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from your use or reliance on the website to the full extent permitted by law.
Rooftop Cinema does not guarantee that your access to our website will be uninterrupted or that our website is free from viruses or any other malware which may damage any computer, computer software or data as a result of access to our website.
- LIMITATATION OF LIABILITY
Rooftop Cinema disclaims all liability for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the website content and the use or performance of the Rooftop Cinema website to maximum extent permitted by law.
Where the law, such as the Australian Consumer Law, implies a warranty or guarantee into these Terms which may not lawfully be excluded, then provided it is fair and reasonable to do so, Rooftop Cinema’s liability for breach of such a warranty or guarantee shall be limited to the options as set out in the Rooftop Cinema Purchase Policy.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All materials displayed on our website and social media pages, including but not limited to all information, photographs, graphics, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, trade marks, copy writing and design features are the property of Rooftop Cinema and are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws. You may only use the abovementioned content with the express prior written consent of Rooftop Cinema, or, if used in your personal capacity, with a copyright notice so long as that notice is not removed.
You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material to any third party without the express prior written consent of Rooftop Cinema.
Rooftop Cinema does not grant any license or right in, or assign all or part of, its intellectual property rights in any of the abovementioned content.
- YOUR INFORMATION
- Ticket Terms & Conditions
- WHO IS ROOFTOP CINEMA? Rooftop Cinema is operated by Scipio Pty Ltd ACN 118 365 825 trading as Curtin House Rooftop. Any questions, comments or concerns should be directed to representatives of Scipio Pty Ltd ACN 118 365 825 (Rooftop Cinema).
- WHERE IS ROOFTOP CINEMA? On top of Curtin House, 252 Swanston Street, Melbourne CBD; between Little Bourke and Lonsdale Streets.
- WHEN DOES ROOFTOP CINEMA SCREEN? Every night except Monday and Friday nights, December 2 2017 - March 31 2018.
- WHAT TIME DO SCREENINGS START?
- December and January – Seating starts from 9.00pm and we kick off the films at 9.30pm.
- February – Seating starts from 8.30pm and we kick off the films at 9pm.
- March and April – Seating starts from 8pm and we kick off the films at 8.30pm.
We recommend you arrive at least 30 mins early. Finding a seat and staring at the view can take a little bit of time.
Box Office is open 5.00-9.30PM Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
You can also purchase tickets at the Rooftop Cinema Website - http://www.rooftopcinema.com.au/
- WHAT TIME DOES IT CLOSE? We are licensed to 1AM every night so please hang around with us afterwards.
- HOW DO I GET THERE? Public Transport: On any tram up Swanston Street, or by getting off the train at Melbourne Central Station and walking two blocks downhill. Driving: 24 hour parking is available just around the corner at Secure Parking - QV, 180 Lonsdale Street.
- WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? This is Melbourne people, so bring yourself a jumper just in case or a blanket if you're a real softy. You can also hire a blanket from our Box Office.
- CAN I BYO DRINK AND FOOD? No, but you'll be pleased to know that we are serving fresh food from the delicious Burger Shack. Rooftop Cinema is Fully Licensed.
- DO I BRING MY OWN SEATING? No, there are 160 amazing Ici Et La deck chairs for you to choose from. They are like lollies for your eyes.
- CAN I BRING MY KIDS? Rooftop Cinema is a licensed venue. You can bring your kids if they are old enough to view the content being screened. They must have a valid purchased ticket and be accompanied by a legal parent or guardian at all times. Your children are your responsibility not ours.
- CAN I SMOKE? Sure, but not on the synthetic-grass area or during films.
- BAD WEATHER: Rooftop Cinema reserves the right to cancel any film in the case of bad weather. In the event of a cancellation, we will send you an SMS and post an update on our Facebook and website homepage by 6:30pm.
- Any refunds for cancelled screenings will be provided by Scipio Pty Ltd
- PURCHASE POLICY
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: By purchasing your ticket, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Rooftop Cinema may, without notice, invalidate any tickets that are believed to be in breach of these terms and conditions, and no refund, replacement or compensation will be offered if this is the case.
- Each Rooftop Cinema screening is classified as 18+ event. You will be asked to present a legal form of identification at the entry to the Rooftop Cinema, such as a current Australian driver’s license (international driver’s licenses won’t be accepted), State Approved ‘Proof Of Age’ card or a valid Passport.
- All sales are final, unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled. Rooftop Cinema does not provide refunds if you inadvertently book the wrong session.
- We will only provide refunds or exchanges on tickets as required by and/or specified by the Live Performance Australia Industry Code of Practice. Incorrect purchases are NOT guaranteed a refund. Refunds for incorrect purchases are at the discretion of Rooftop Cinema.
- Your electronic ticket is your ticket to the event and must be presented at the Box Office to gain entry. If you have booked a concession ticket, you will need to present a valid concession card. Your ticket will be emailed to the email address specified during booking as a PDF attachment once your credit card has been successfully charged. If you do not receive your ticket(s) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets do not need to be printed. You will need to show your ticket on a smart phone though.
- All online bookings attract a non-refundable booking fee, which is inclusive of GST. All tickets and products covered by these terms are priced in Australian dollars.
- Rooftop Cinema reserves the right to withdraw, reschedule or substitute films, event times and inclusions without notice. Rooftop Cinema reserves the right of admission and to enforce the Conditions of Entry below.
- Should the screening relevant to your ticket be cancelled or rescheduled, Rooftop Cinema will contact you via your nominated email address.
- It is a condition of sale that the tickets you have purchased may not be offered for unauthorised re-sale, including on 3rd party websites such as Ebay or Gumtree.
- No tickets may be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If a ticket is used in breach of these conditions, it may be cancelled without refund and the bearer of such a ticket may be refused admission.
- Any unauthorised copying or duplication of these tickets is a breach of Rooftop Cinema’s copyright that will result in loss and damage being caused to Rooftop Cinema.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Rooftop Cinema reserves the right to refuse entry to the venue.
- The Rooftop Cinema is an 18 years and over event. Those under 18 years of age will only be permitted when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- The Rooftop Cinema is a fully licensed and catered event. There is strictly no glass, no BYO drinks and no BYO food policy at the venue.
- Upon receipt of a ticket to Rooftop Cinema the holder agrees to be bound by the rules and regulations of the Liquor License that applies to the Rooftop Cinema site.
- Rooftop Cinema does not guarantee entry to persons who have been booked for a specific session, including complimentary tickets.
- Persons holding complimentary tickets may enter subject to availability. Reservations are highly recommended. Conditions of entry still apply.
- Seating is non-reserved and at the discretion of Rooftop Cinema management and staff.
- Ticketholders must remain within Rooftop Cinema's permitted areas only.
- Rooftop Cinema reserves the right to eject any person/s who is intoxicated and/or causing a disturbance to other patrons; such person/s will not be entitled to a refund or exchange of tickets.
- Rooftop Cinema seats 160 people, so book early to avoid missing out.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS AND WEBSITES
To the fullest extent, you agree to indemnify Rooftop Cinema from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses (including lawyer’s fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms and the Rooftop Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Rooftop Cinema shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification or consent required. You shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Victoria for the resolution of any disputes.